Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A daypack to Gunung Berembun & Telapak Buruk

 

        We did it! A day backpack from the foot of Berembun mountain to B24 Liberator British Fighter Jet crashed location and continued to Telapak Buruk peak ! We started at 8am from Berembun trailhead, almost 3 hours picnic at the peak and crash site and made our way out at Telapak buruk at 6.30pm.
The wet weather provided us with a challenging trail together with our constants companion, leeches the bloodsuckers.
Alhamdulillah, we made it as well as safe and sound out from the jungle. Most of all, we had fun still.

   

  A few days after I came back from camping at Legendary Gunung Ledang, I was summoned to hike again. A few participants whom I met during our Ledang trip invited me for their next hike. Although the sore still shrouds my legs, the temptation to be surrounding by nature hard to resist.. so, I agreed to join them again.


The plan was instead of entering from Telapak Buruk trail down to Gunung Berembun peak, we decided to hike from Gunung Berembun trail, up to the B24 Liberator British Fighter Jet crashed location site and then continue hikes to the peak of Gunung Telapak Buruk in just a day Backpack!
(sounds like doing trans, hmmm.. I'm not sure if my body is up for the challenge, but my mental is definitely ready .. phew!!)

After discussing and planning all the necessaries that we need, as early as 4.30am we left KL on 21st November heading to R&R Seremban for our breakfast and regroup with the rest of participants.
(Me, Intan, Rashid hop on into Hani's car and drove by Abbas). All 20 of us, a combination of all age in five cars drive through the cooling morning and heads to Klawang, N.Sembilan. All excited, looking forward to the adventure and discovery.




We embarked to the location site near Kampung Pantai, parked our cars closer to the water station area, briefing, doa and some stretching before we step into the trailhead at 8 am.
Dianz, whom I first met at Pinetrail several weeks ago was trusted to leads the group and the kind-hearted Abas responsible as a sweeper. Meanwhile, Rashid (a.k.a Aaron Aziz ..haha), Hani, Dekwan, they are in between the whole group, making sure no one is left behind or separated.




The path rises and drops gradually (as we pass small streams) and snakes its way on the left bank of the river valley. I carefully marched down the trail along with others, watching my every step and maintaining my pace. (After several hikes, I've learned about the pace and conserving my energy). Am, (just like in Ledang) was patiently walking behind me while helping to carry the white box filled with cake!

We reached Lata Berembun around 8.45am and took slightly more than 1 hour to arrived at Gua Kambing. (Along the way, we passed camp site and waterfall, and had to walk on the fallen tree to cross the stream with our constants companion, leeches and stumbled into a python with a size of human thigh curled up in the mid of the trail!).







Reaching Gua Kambing, we bumped into other groups of hikers and we greeted each other. The weather seems promising with the clear sky. We took a rest for a while and as usual posed for pictures, while the guys filling up the empty bottles with water before we continued our journey.


From Gua kambing, we had to climb the steep trail almost 90-degree angle, I look up and started scratching my head (Remembering the story about my other hikers friends on their miss unfortunate incident, I pray harder that our journey will be blessed with safety).


The trail is too slippery due to the current wet weather. I watched other members in front of me as they carefully climbing up and hold tightly on to the rope and scattered roots, before my turn to go up. Not only some level of fitness and stamina, but safety and a basic survivor skill definitely required on this trail.
(At that moment, I found myself saying why would I want to leave my comfy bed and get bitten by the bloodsuckers, covered with dirt and sweat all over.. oh boy! I guess, I must be loving it LOL)




We reached the peak of Gunung Berembun at past 12pm after almost two hours crawled to the top. I take a deep breath slowly exhale it to relieve the fatigue that envelops me. The men began to cook and prepare meals for us. Sitting cross-legged on the ground and joking each other, we fill our hungry stomachs with rice and preserved fish, fried eggs, and drink hot black coffee!


Some other hikers who enter from Telapak Buruk trail started to flood the peak and we greeted each other. Suddenly the weather change and drizzling. We pack up after we finished eating, took group pictures and continued our journey to the crashed site.




After more than an hour walking, we arrived at the site where the B24 Liberator British Fighter Jet crashed down the ravine almost 200 meter deep on 1945 during the world war 2. ( I was told before that the remained of the 7 passengers who perished in that crash were buried nearby the body of the plane..)
Some of us went down the ravine to see the wreckage while me and a few others taking a break and snap some pictures.




Around 45 minutes later (at 4.45pm), we continue our hike to the peak of Telapak, I look up and watch the sky changing it color, I knew its gonna rain and according to the info we need to walk another 2 hours to reach the peak of Gunung Telapak Buruk. 

We hurriedly walk, but it was slippery with a couple of long upwards stretches which hardened our journey. I was afraid that my left knee gonna hurt again and had to stops several times to catch my breath. We finally reached the peak of Gunung Telapak Buruk at 6.30pm.




No comments:

Post a Comment